Permits & Licenses

Seller's Permit & Business License Requirements

CA Seller's Permit #

To participate in the event each artist must have a CA Seller's Permit number. One is not needed to apply to the event but one must be obtained at least 6 weeks prior to the event in order to participate. The website has more information about applying for a Sellers Permit. Click the button below for direct access to their "Applying for Seller's Permit" page.

open_in_new Go To

NV Seller’s Permit #

If you have a Nevada Seller's Permit number you will need to provide it. Also, include a copy with the images you're uploading with your application. Those without will be given a One-Time-Sales-Tax form at the event to return to PFAF with payment Sunday night.

Do you need a business license?

For participation in some of our events, the answer is: yes.

Some cities require that our participants hold a proper business license in order to sell their artwork and other merchandise. Currently, these cities include Oakland, CA & Reno, NV and affect our Montclair Village Art Walk & Sierra Arts Festival events.

Montclair Village Art Walk

Oakland Business License

  • Oakland Residents: Business license required. Form will be provided to you prior to the event.
  • Non-Oakland Residents: City requires a Special Event Business Tax Certificate ($100) good for three Oakland events. Form will be provided to you prior to event. Form and fee submission to the City is artist's responsibility.

Sierra Arts Festival

Reno Business Tax License

To participate in the event each artist must have a Reno Business Tax License.

  • If you have one, include the number on the application.
  • If you do not have one, one will be arranged for you. With your application include a separate $20.00 check made out to “Sierra Arts”

More resources...

The California Department of Tax & Fee Administration website has online services pertaining to business licensing in the state of California including online registration. 

open_in_new View Website